Sanjha Morcha

What’s New

Click the heading to open detailed news

Current Events :

web counter

Print Media Reproduced Defence Related News

Congress MLA ‘abuses’ tailor, audio clip viral

Congress MLA ‘abuses’ tailor, audio clip viral

Amrinder Singh Raja Warring, Gidderbaha MLA

Tribune News Service

Muktsar, February 16

Congress MLA from Gidderbaha Amrinder Singh Raja Warring has courted a controversy as his alleged audio clip of abusing and threatening a Muktsar-based tailor has gone viral on the social media.

Hits out at Sukhbir

I paid the tailor Rs27,000 last month. I have the bills. But I am surprised how this audio clip went viral now. Like always, Sukhbir Badal is behind this controversy — Amrinder Singh Raja Warring, Gidderbaha MLA

Manpreet Singh, a leading tailor of Muktsar town, said: “I stitched some clothes for Warring in the past two-three years. When I asked for the charges of Rs 27,000 from his personal assistant and refused to stitch more clothes, Warring abused me over the phone. Though he threatened me, he made the payment by sending his gunmen. The matter is resolved now. I don’t know how the audio clip went viral.”

Speaking over the phone, Warring said: “I paid him Rs 27,000 last month. I have the bills. But I am surprised how this audio clip went viral now. Like always, Sukhbir Singh Badal is behind this controversy. The tailor did not even demand money when I last visited his showroom along with a relative. Later, he returned some unstitched clothes. Thereafter, he made the audio viral.”

He added, “When he insulted me, I too used some harsh words. I am a human first and an MLA later. We know each other for the past around 20 years. Now, I publicly say that if I am yet to pay money to anyone, he/she can come to my office with the proof. I don’t want any controversy.”

Famous for special fitting of “Muktsati kurta pyjama”, the tailor’s list of customers includes Capt Amarinder Singh, Bhupinder Singh Hooda, Sukhbir Badal, Atul Nanda, Rana Gurjit Singh besides some actors and singers.


Pakistan allows Nankana Sahib jatha to visit other shrines Pilgrims to leave tomorrow for 8-day visit

Pakistan allows Nankana Sahib jatha to visit other shrines

ribune News Service

Amritsar, February 16

The Pakistan government has allowed 505 pilgrims, visiting Nankana Sahib to commemorate the massacre centenary, to visit other prominent Sikh shrines in the country too.

The schedule

Feb 18 Janam Asthan, Nankana Sahib

Feb 19 Gurdwara Sacha Sauda, Farooqabad

Feb 21 Main event at Nankana Sahib

Feb 22 Gurdwara Panja Sahib, Hasan Abdal

Feb 23 Gurdwara Dera Sahib, Lahore

Feb 24 Kartarpur Sahib & Rori Sahib, Gujranwala

Feb 25 Back through Attari-Wagah border

Sponsored by the SGPC, the jatha, led by Akal Takht officiating Jathedar Giani Harpreet Singh, will cross the Attari-Wagah border on February 18 and head to Janam Asthan, Nankana Sahib.

Earlier, the jatha was allowed to celebrate the 551st birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev, but their movement was restricted to Sri Nankana Sahib only in the wake of Covid threat.

The Covid screening report has been made mandatory. The SGPC had conducted a two-day special Covid testing camp that concluded on its premises here today. Various “gurmat” programmes have been scheduled in Pakistan.

As per the eight-day programme, the jatha will visit Gurdwara Sacha Sauda, Farooqabad, on February 19. The main event will be held at Nankana Sahib on February 21. The following day, they will visit Gurdwara Sri Panja Sahib in Hasan Abdal; Gurdwara Dera Sahib, Lahore, on February 23, where dinner will be hosted at the Governor’s House. On February 24, they will visit Gurdwara Sri Kartarpur Sahib and Rori Sahib, Gujranwala, and come back to Lahore. On February 25, the jatha will return through Attari-Wagah JCP.

The Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC), too, will commemorate the occasion under the leadership of its president Bibi Jagir Kaur. The event will be held at Godharpur village in Gurdaspur district, which is associated with the kin of Shaheed Bhai Lachhman Singh Dharowali, martyr of Nankana Sahib a century ago.


Farmers will not return home till they win: BKU leader Gurnam Singh Chaduni Farmers, mostly from Punjab, Haryana and Uttar Pradesh, are protesting at Delhi’s borders against the legislations since November 28 last year and demanding these be repealed

Farmers will not return home till they win: BKU leader Gurnam Singh Chaduni

BKU leader Gurnam Singh Chaduni while addressing a meeting. — Tribune File Photo

Sambhal, February 17

The Bharatiya Kisan Union is fighting for farmers’ rights, and they will not return home from Delhi’s borders till the new agri laws are repealed, the farm organisation’s Haryana president Gurnam Singh Chaduni said on Wednesday.

He also said the union will hold programmes, such as panchayats and mahapanchayats, to make the country aware that the government at the Centre is “not for the people but of corporates”.

Farmers, mostly from Punjab, Haryana and Uttar Pradesh, are protesting at Delhi’s borders against the legislations since November 28 last year and demanding these be repealed.

“We are fighting for the rights of farmers, and they will not return home till they win, and time does not matter in this struggle,” Chaduni, who was on his way to Moradabad for a mahapanchayat, told reporters in Uttar Pradesh’s Gelua village.

“This government is not for the people but of corporates and only people can fight with it. We will hold panchayats in the entire country and make people aware and associate them with us,” he said, a day ahead of a “rail roko” announced by the Samyukta Kisan Morcha (SKM), an umbrella body of farmer unions which is spearheading the protest.

Chaduni alleged that the entire agri business was being given to corporates and said the farmers’ movement was for their “survival”.

“Agriculture is our livelihood and not our business. The food grains of the country will go into godowns of corporates and they will indulge in black marketing. This is an ‘andolan’ (movement) not only of farmers but of all,” he said.

Farmers are protesting against the Farmers (Empowerment and Protection) Agreement of Price Assurance and Farm Services Act, 2020, the Farmers Produce Trade and Commerce (Promotion and Facilitation) Act, 2020, and the Essential Commodities (Amendment) Act, 2020.

The three farm laws, enacted in September last year, have been projected by the government as major reforms in the agriculture sector that will remove middlemen and allow farmers to sell anywhere in the country.

However, the protesting farmers have expressed apprehension that the new laws would pave the way for eliminating the safety cushion of Minimum Support Price and do away with the mandis, leaving them at the mercy of big corporates. The Centre has repeatedly asserted that these mechanisms will remain. — PTI  


Farmers at Singhu gear up to beat summer heat and continue protest They are planning to install fans, coolers, generators at the protest site

Farmers at Singhu gear up to beat summer heat and continue protest

Makeshift shelter for farmers at Ghazipur border during their ongoing agitation against the three farm laws, in New Delhi. — PTI

New Delhi, February 17

Farmers sitting on protest against the Government’s new farms laws have started preparing to face the scorching summer heat at Singhu village.

They are planning to install fans, coolers, generators at the protest site.

There are two stages set up at the Singhu protest site—one stage facing toward Delhi where the protesting farmers can be seen sitting at an open space, while the second stage is near Kundli village (border area of Delhi and Haryana), which is fully covered with tarpaulin.

The farmers leaders told IANS that various social organisations have come forward to provide fans and coolers to the protesting farmers.

“We are preparing to replace these tarpaulin-made tents under which farmers have been sitting for over 80 days braving chilly winds so far. With the summer having started and with every passing day becoming hotter, we are planning to install fans and coolers and if need be, air conditioners will also be provided. The changes would happen in the next couple of days,” said Kulveer Singh, a resident of Hoshiarpur district in Punjab, who is also a member of the Krantikari Kisan Union.

He said that volunteers have started preparing for initiating the changes at the protest sites.

“Two such setups have already come up behind both the stages. We are not only planning to beat the summer heat, but we will also ensure that farmers get chilled potable water in the coming days.”

Apart from tarpaulin shades or plastic tents, most of the farmers stay in their tractor-trolleys they have brought from their villages. All the tractor-trolleys parked across the road or outside (Delhi-Chandigarh highway) could be seen covered with tarpaulin.

Many tractor-trolleys that have carried farmers from different villages and districts from Haryana and Punjab are fitted with fans to provide cool air to the farmers. — IANS


I forgive,’ says Rahul Gandhi on his father Rajiv’s killers Congress leader interacts with students, following a dialogue with people from fishermen community

‘I forgive,’ says Rahul Gandhi on his father Rajiv’s killers

Congress leader Rahul Gandhi poses for photographs with a student during his visit to Bharathidasan Government College for Women, in Puducherry, on Wednesday, February 17, 2021. PTI

Puducherry, February 17

Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday said the killing of his father Rajiv Gandhi in 1991 brought him tremendous pain but he nursed no anger or hatred towards those responsible for it.

During an interaction the Congress MP had with students of a state-run women’s college here, a pupil posed, “Your father was killed by the LTTE (Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam) what are your feelings about these people?” and he answered by saying violence cannot take away anything.

“I don’t have anger or hatred towards anybody. Of course, I lost my father and for me it was a very difficult time,” he said, adding, it was similar to having one’s heart severed.

“I felt tremendous pain, but I don’t feel anger, I don’t feel any hatred or any anger. I forgive,” he said to rounds of applause.

To the next question, he said “violence cannot take away anything from you… my father is alive in me…my father is talking through me.”

Gandhi interacted with students of Bharathidasan Government College for Women following a dialogue with people from the fishermen community.

Though most parties supported the release of seven convicts in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, the Tamil Nadu Congress Committee (TNCC) had opposed it.

Rajiv Gandhi was killed on May 21, 1991 by a woman suicide bomber at Sriperumbudur near Chennai in a poll rally.

TNCC chief K S Alagiri had said a few months ago that if the Rajiv case convicts were to be set free, a demand would arise for the release of all “murder convicts” who had spent over 25 years in prison.

“If the court announces the release of seven Rajiv case convicts, we will accept it. However, political parties rooting for their release is unacceptable,” Alagiri had said.

The Tamil Nadu government had in 2018 recommended to Governor Banwarilal Purohit to release them. PTI


Man who brandished swords to ‘instigate’ farmers on R-Day arrested Maninder, who runs a sword training school in his neighbourhood, was radicalized by watching provoking videos on Facebook.

Man who brandished swords to 'instigate' farmers on R-Day arrested

Maninder, who runs a sword training school in his neighbourhood, was radicalized by watching provoking videos on Facebook.

Tribune News Service
New Delhi, February 17

A 30-year-old man who was allegedly swinging swords that “instigated the protesters” at the Red Fort during the violence in Delhi on Republic Day has been arrested, police said on Wednesday.

Maninder, who is a car mechanic, was seen in a video swinging two swords at the Red Fort on January 26 with “the intent to energise brutal and violent assault against the Police persons on duty”.

As per the police, Maninder, who runs a sword training school in his neighbourhood, was radicalized by watching provoking videos on Facebook.

The 30-year-old was picked up last evening from a bus stop near CD block in Pitampura.Subsequently two swords (khandas) used by the accused in Red Fort has been recovered from his house in Swaroop Nagar,” Deputy Commissioner of Police (special cell) Pramod Kumar Kushwaha said.

“A long video of him swinging swords at Red Fort has been found from his mobile phone. Further interrogation of the accused is in process,” he added.

Police have further disclosed that Maninder had motivated six other persons from his neighbourhood to join the tractor rally on January 26.

“Maninder’s sword dancing had motivated violent protestors to cause more mayhem at the Red Fort by indulging in violence against the public servants including the policemen and causing damage to historic Red Fort,” Kushwaha explained.


ECHS launches ‘Complaint and Litigation Reduction Scheme (CLRS)’:-

All stake holders including Veterans and their dependents, ECHS employees at all echelons and hospitals / other service providers are invited for direct communication with Central Organisation ECHS to reduce complaints and litigation. This will assist them in increased focus on formulation of caring policy and implementating initiatives preserving the time and resources of our veterans who have served the nation in a selfless manner.
Please speak to the officer handling

non medical complaints on Tele No 09648786013

while issues related to medical aspects be discussed on Tele No – 9800310427,
Medical Claims on Tele No 9004722106
In case of non resolution, please call MD ECHS on 9971129165.
Your unsettled issues can also be emailed to dircomplaint-mod@nic.in.
8218670793
*ECHS Help Line* 1800114115
011-25682870
*Card related issues* 8979800177
FOR SMART CARD RELATED QUERIES PLEASE CONTACT ON FOLLOWING NUMBERS ONLY
WHATSAPP/CALL -7703818578 / 7701976194 / 8448086480 / 8448086481 / 8448086482
EMAIL ID – echs@sourceinfosys.comjditechs1@echs.gov.in
To check status of new 64 kb card application with Registered Mobile No. or Application No.

 Download ECHS Mobile App for Android

 Download ECHS Mobile App for IOS

 ECHS APPS FEATURES

 Fit India Fitness Protocals

Aarogya Setu app is recommended to fight against COVID19. Please download and share it using the links given below

 Aarogya Setu App Download Andriod

 Aarogya Setu App Download IOS

FOR SMART CARD RELATED QUERIES PLEASE CONTACT ON FOLLOWING NUMBERS ONLY
WHATSAPP/CALL -7703818578 / 7701976194 / 8448086480 / 8448086481 / 8448086482
( TELEPHONIC QUERIES 24/7 )
TOLL FREE NO. – 1800-114-115,
011-25682870
EMAIL ID – echs@sourceinfosys.com, jditechs1@echs.gov.in
PLEASE MENTION YOUR APPLICATION / REGISTRATION NUMBER IN YOUR QUERIES

China dismantles jetty, helipad & other structures as part of Pangong Tso disengagement

A file photo of Pangong Lake in Ladakh | Visharad Saxena | Special arrangement

 file photo of Pangong Lake in Ladakh | Visharad Saxena | Special arrangement

New Delhi: China has dismantled its jetty at Finger 5 on the northern banks of the Pangong Tso, as well as a helipad, besides being in the process of taking down tents and observation posts in the area as part of the disengagement agreement reached with India, ThePrint has learnt.

The dismantling of all structures created after April 2020 — when Chinese aggression in Ladakh triggered a stand-off at the border — was one of the conditions of the disengagement process, which was initiated last week in the southern and northern banks of the Pangong Tso.

India has been closely monitoring the disengagement process at the northern bank while conducting simultaneous withdrawal at the southern bank.

The whole process, sources said, will take “a few more days” if all goes as planned.

“Among the major structures created by China in the Finger Area were the jetty (a structure built out into a waterbody to help people get on and off a vessel), a helipad and a makeshift hospital. According to the last information that came in, the jetty, helipad along with various structures at Finger4 area have been dismantled,” a source said.

“The Chinese are to dismantle all new structures that were created since April 2020 in that area.”


Also Read: How India stood its ground and forced China to end Pangong Tso aggression


Satellite images show dismantling of China structures

The developments are backed by satellite images. Sim Tack, a military analyst at Belgium-based security analysis firm Force Analysis, said the Chinese have begun dismantling structures.

Speaking to ThePrint, he said he is yet to have a total count of structures removed. “I don’t have a total count of individual structures right now but the jetty was the main permanent structure in the withdrawal area north of the lake. Then, there were lots of tentage and temporary shelters that appear to have been removed from their positions between the mountain ranges,” he said.

Tack works closely with a satellite imagery expert who tweets through his handle @detresfa_.

According to the disengagement agreement reached between India and China, the troops around the lake are going back to pre-April 2020 locations.

Indian soldiers will move back to their last permanent base in the Finger area, the Dhan Singh Thapa post of the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), near Finger 3.

Similarly, Chinese troops will go back to their permanent post, which is beyond Finger 8 and is known as Sirijap, a location that was captured by the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) in the 1962 War.

Sources said the disengagement process is likely to be completed by 20 February.

The verification process through Unmanned Aerial Vehicles and satellites is on, they added, saying a full-fledged review will be taken before the next round of Corps Commander level talks.

It is known that the Chinese have pulled back their armoured and mechanised columns and men from the southern banks to the Rutog military base, where the PLA had developed a lot of infrastructure during the stand-off.


Also Read: Those criticising troop pull-back at Pangong Tso are ignorant of facts — Army ex-chief Malik


Farmers’ protest: Sedition law cannot be invoked to quiet disquiet, says Delhi court Law of sedition is a powerful tool in the hands of the state, says court

Farmers’ protest: Sedition law cannot be invoked to quiet disquiet, says Delhi court

Photo credit: iStock

New Delhi, February 16

A Delhi court has said the law of sedition cannot be invoked to quieten the disquiet under the pretence of muzzling miscreants.

Additional Sessions Judge Dharmender Rana made the observation while granting bail to two persons—Devi Lal Burdak and Swaroop Ram—arrested by Delhi police earlier this month for allegedly committing sedition and spreading rumours by posting fake video on Facebook during ongoing farmers’ protest.

The court said that the law of sedition was a powerful tool in the hands of the state to maintain peace and order in society.

“However, it cannot be invoked to quiet the disquiet under the pretence of muzzling the miscreants. Evidently, law proscribes any act which has a tendency to create disorder or disturbance of public peace by resort to violence,” the judge said in an order passed on February 15 .

“In the absence of any exhortation, call, incitement or instigation to create disorder or disturbance of public peace by resort to violence or any allusion or oblique remark or even any hint towards this objective, attributable to the accused, I suspect that Section 124 A (sedition) IPC can be validly invoked against the applicant,” the order said.  — PTI