Sanjha Morcha

What’s New

Click the heading to open detailed news

Current Events :

web counter

Print Media Reproduced Defence Related News

DRDO’s new-generation underwater anti-mine system for Navy ready for production

The onboard deep learning-based target recognition algorithms enable autonomous classification, significantly reducing operator workload and mission time

A new-generation of Man-portable Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (MP-AUVs) have been successfully developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) for mine countermeasure missions.

The platform, which is expected to be ready for production in two months, offers rapid response capability with reduced operational risk and logistic footprint for naval mine warfare applications.

The system, designed by DRDO’s Naval Science and Technological Laboratory, comprises multiple AUVs equipped with side scan sonar and under water cameras as primary payloads for real-time detection and classification of mine-like objects.

The onboard deep learning-based target recognition algorithms enable autonomous classification, significantly reducing operator workload and mission time.

Additionally, a robust underwater acoustic communication has been integrated to facilitate inter-AUV data exchange during operations ensuring enhanced situational awareness.

The recently concluded harbour field trials have successfully validated salient systems parameters and critical mission objectives, a defence spokesperson said on Friday.

Multiple industry partners are involved in system realisation and the system will be ready for production in next couple of months, he added.

Secretary, Department of Defence Research and Development and Chairman DRDO, Dr Samir V Kamat has complimented the NSTL team for the successful development of MP-AUVs, terming it as a major milestone towards deployable, intelligent, and networked mine countermeasure solution.


9 killed, 29 injured in Nowgam police station blast in J-K

Last month, the Jammu and Kashmir Police began investigating JeM threat posters that appeared across Srinagar’s Bunpora Nowgam

Nine people were killed and 29 others injured after a massive accidental explosion inside the Nowgam police station on the outskirts of the city here late on Friday night, official sources said on Saturday.

The blast occurred inside the police station where explosives recovered from a Red Fort blast-linked terror module had been stored by the Jammu and Kashmir Police after the recoveries were made in Haryana.

Sources said the Jammu and Kashmir State Investigative Agency (SIA) personnel were present inside the police station. SIA had taken over the investigation of the case.

The explosion triggered a major fire, engulfing the police station and several vehicles in the vicinity. The impact was so powerful that it was heard several kilometres away.

Last month, the Jammu and Kashmir Police began investigating a case involving Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) posters carrying threats to security personnel, which had appeared at several locations in Srinagar’s Bunpora Nowgam. Subsequently, the Nowgam police registered a case and uncovered a terror module with links across different states.


HEADLINES : 14 OCT 2025

ENGINEERS CORPS DAY 2025: VEDIO

PUNJAB POLICE CANNOT BE DISCIPLINED : YET TO CATCH THE ACCUSED : Lt Gen DS Hooda accuses Pb Police :

Students guided on career options in Armed Forces

“Supreme Court Drops a Bombshell: A Tenant Can Never Become the Owner!”

Supreme Court decision:FOR INFORMATION OF ALL PENSIONERS

DESW Secretary can’t escape contempt over pension orders’: Armed Forces Tribunal

Exercise ‘Trishul’ tests indigenous systems, joint warfare readiness

MoD inks pact with BDL for anti-tank missiles

Turkiye denies airspace for plane carrying three Apache copters for Army


Students guided on career options in Armed Forces

Maj Gen BS Grewal addresses students at Blossoms Senior Secondary School

An interactive and insightful session on ‘Armed Forces as a Career Option’ was organised at Blossoms Senior Secondary School, Patiala, recently. The session was conducted by Maj Gen BS Grewal (VSM), a distinguished officer of the Indian Army.

Maj Gen Grewal motivated the students by sharing his experiences, values of discipline, leadership and service to the nation. He guided the students about various entry routes, including the NDA, to join the Army, Navy and Air Force.

The officer encouraged the students to develop qualities such as courage, dedication, physical fitness and emotional resilience.

School Trustee Ravi Singh and Principal Bindu Vaid extended gratitude to Maj Gen Grewal for igniting a sense of patriotism among the students and motivating them to pursue a life of honour and service.


“Supreme Court Drops a Bombshell: A Tenant Can Never Become the Owner!”

“Supreme Court Drops a Bombshell: A Tenant Can Never Become the Owner!” 💥*

In a *landmark judgment, the *Supreme Court of India has made it absolutely clear — no matter if a tenant stays for 5 years or even 50, the owner remains the owner! 🏡✨

The verdict came in the Jyoti Sharma vs. Vishnu Goyal case, where the Court stated:

“A tenant lives only with the owner’s permission — hence, the rule of adverse possession does not apply.”

In simple terms — living long-term in a rented property doesn’t make it yours. 🚫
The Court further reinforced:

“The owner always retains full legal rights to the property and can reclaim it at any time.” ⚖

This historic decision will serve as a strong precedent for future cases where tenants falsely claim ownership after years of occupancy. 💪🏠

Because in the eyes of law — renting gives you space, not ownership. 🏡✨


Supreme Court decision:FOR INFORMATION OF ALL PENSIONERS

Supreme Court decision

FOR INFORMATION OF ALL PENSIONERS
Dear friends,
It is surprising that a land mark judgement delivered by the Supreme Court of India on 01 07 2015, Civil Appeal no. 1123 of 2015 has gone unnoticed and except for a brief letter from Shri S R Sen Gupta to IBA, no other union has taken any steps. The salient features of the judgement:

  1. The bench has authoritatively ruled that Pension is a right and the payment of it does not depend upon the discretion of the Government. Pension is governed by rules and a Government Servant coming within those rules is entitled to claim pension.
  2. The judgement has recognised that the revision of pension and revision of pay scales are INSEPARABLE.
  3. The bench has reiterated that on revision the Basic pension cannot be less than 50% of the Basic Pension in the minimum of the Pay Band in the revised scale corresponding to the pre-revised scale.
  4. The government CANNOT take a plea of financial burden to deny legitimate dues of the pensioners.
  5. The Government SHOULD AVOID unwarranted litigation and not to encourage any litigation for the sake of litigation.
  6. When pension is upheld to be a right and NOT A BOUNTY, as a corollary to the averment that revision of pension and revision of pay scales are INSEPARABLE, upgradation of pension is also a RIGHT AND NOT A BOUNTY.

THE JUDGEMENT IS BASED ON THE DECISION ON D S NAKARA CASE.

The judgement is very clear and I wonder how no one has noticed the important aspects and why no one has taken up the matter with the Govt.

Why no one has reacted to the judgement is surprising and perplexing.

Dear Pensioners!

Forward this msg to a minimum of twenty people (non pensioners too as citizens of India) on your contact list; and in turn ask each of them to do likewise.

In three days, most people in India will have this message


DESW Secretary can’t escape contempt over pension orders’: Armed Forces Tribunal

The Bench had summoned the secretary, who repeatedly insisted that his department was not concerned in the matter, for non-implementation of an order of January 2019, granting disability benefits to a soldier from the Sikh Regiment

aking a top bureaucrat in the Ministry of Defence to task for trying to wash his hands off responsibility, the Armed Forces Tribunal (AFT) has held that the Secretary, Department of Ex-servicemen Welfare (DESW), in the Ministry is responsible for implementing the Tribunal’s orders concerning pensionary benefits and that the Service Headquarters have limited powers of delegation in this regard.

Putting an end to the question of whether the Secretary, DESW, can be summoned by the AFT for contempt over non-implementation of the court’s orders, the Bench observed that the DESW has an important role to play in implementation of Court orders and in exercise of its authority to lay down policy in pensionary matters, it interferes with the delegated authority of the Service Headquarters.

“The answer to the question framed is decided against the secretary. In implementation of Court orders the Service HQs are dependent upon instructions issued by the DESW and the Secretary being its apex level authority has to be answerable for their non-implementation,” the Tribunal’s Chandigarh Bench comprising Justice Sudhir Mittal and Lt Gen Ranbir Singh ruled in their order of November 13.

The Bench had summoned the secretary, who repeatedly insisted that his department was not concerned in the matter, for non-implementation of an order of January 2019, granting disability benefits to a soldier from the Sikh Regiment. The Bench observed that the order was not implemented despite no stay on it or without any valid reason being given.

Further, the secretary violated direction to appear before the court on two separate occasions without proper justification, following which a notice for contempt was issued and the secretary as well as the Additional Director General, Personnel Service in Army Headquarters were asked to file affidavits explaining their respective stance on the powers of implementing court orders.

The Bench observed that from the affidavits and pleadings on record, Service Headquarters can implement Court orders only with the concurrence of the Principal Integrated Financial Advisor (PIFA). The powers delegated to Service Headquarters are conditional and circumscribed by concurrence of PIFA, who possesses the authority to direct them to challenge Court orders and Service Headquarters do not have the authority to overrule the recommendations of PIFA.

Pointing out that the secretary has adopted a stand of denial of responsibility only to escape consequences of contempt, the Bench said that his stand is completely contrary to the documents placed on record.

“Denial of responsibility by the apex-level authority reflects very poorly on his leadership qualities. It reveals that even a Secretary-level officer of the Government of India can stoop to the level of denial of responsibility simply to shift blame on somebody else,” the Bench observed.


Exercise ‘Trishul’ tests indigenous systems, joint warfare readiness

The objectives included improving interoperability of platforms and infrastructure, strengthening network integration across Services, and advancing jointness in operations

A tri-services exercise, ‘Trishul’, aimed at testing indigenous systems and addressing emerging threats and the evolving character of contemporary and future warfare, concluded today.

The exercise, which began on November 3, featured large-scale operations along the India-Pakistan border in Rajasthan and Gujarat, alongside maritime and amphibious operations in the North Arabian Sea near the Sir Creek area.

Conducted under the Navy’s lead, ‘Trishul’ focused on refining joint operational procedures in coordination with the Army and the Indian Air Force. The Indian Coast Guard, Border Security Force and other central agencies also participated to ensure integrated operations.

A key focus of the exercise was to enhance synergy among the armed forces and to validate and synchronise integrated operational procedures across the three Services, enabling seamless joint operations.

The objectives included improving interoperability of platforms and infrastructure, strengthening network integration across Services, and advancing jointness in operations. The exercise also validated joint intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) procedures, as well as electronic warfare (EW) and cyberwarfare plans. The Navy’s aircraft carrier conducted joint operations with shore-based Indian Air Force assets to facilitate the exchange of best practices and validation of air operation procedures.

Under the umbrella of ‘Trishul’, the Army and the IAF conducted their own sub-exercises. The Army hosted Exercise ‘Brahmashira’ in the Kutch region with participation from the Navy, IAF, Coast Guard and the BSF. The Army’s Southern Command carried out Exercise ‘Akhand Prahaar’ across the deserts, serving as a real-time testbed for next-generation indigenous technologies such as drones, unmanned systems, counter-drone systems and electronic warfare grids.

The Army also conducted Exercise ‘Maru Jwala’ in joint airborne operations with the IAF. The IAF, in turn, conducted Exercise ‘MahaGujRaj-25’ to validate its capability to deliver the full spectrum of air operations and campaigns, featuring real-time joint operations with the Army and Navy and validation of operational and maintenance readiness.