Sanjha Morcha

What’s New

Click the heading to open detailed news

Current Events :

web counter

Print Media Reproduced Defence Related News

Snowfall blocks vital roads across Kashmir valley, disrupts flight operations

Snowfall and inclement weather conditions across the Union Territory led to the closure of major roads connecting the Kashmir Valley and caused multiple flight cancellations due to low visibility on Sunday.

Mughal Road, Sinthan Pass, and the Srinagar-Leh National Highway were shut due to heavy snow accumulation, as these roads traverse high mountain passes. In addition to J&K, parts of Ladakh also received snowfall, causing significant inconvenience to locals.

The snowfall in Kashmir marked the beginning of Chillai-Kalan, the 40-day harshest winter period, starting on Sunday. This brought much-needed respite to the people of the Valley after a prolonged dry spell. Snowfall was reported at the Gulmarg tourist resort in north Kashmir’s Baramulla district, where nearly two inches of snow accumulated.

In Sonamarg, snowfall began early Sunday morning and continued until the afternoon. Sadhna Top, the pass connecting the Tangdhar sector along the Line of Control (LoC) to the main Kashmir Valley, received moderate snowfall, with six inches accumulating since Saturday night.

Flight operations at Srinagar Airport were disrupted due to the weather, leading to the cancellation of 15 inward and outbound flights. In a statement, the airport authorities said, “Due to prevailing adverse weather conditions across various parts of North India, delays, rescheduling, and cancellations of flights are likely. Passengers are advised to check the latest flight status with their respective airlines before commencing their journey.”

Issuing an advisory for commuters, J&K Traffic Police stated that movement along hilly roads will only be allowed in accordance with prescribed cut-off timings. “Before starting their journey, motorists should ensure that anti-skid equipment is fitted to their vehicles, as vehicles without proper anti-skid mechanisms will not be allowed on hilly roads like Tangmarg-Gulmarg, Kangan-Sonamarg, Sinthan-Kishtwar, Mughal Road, Kupwara border roads, and Gurez-Bandipora, in case these roads remain open for traffic. To avoid traffic jams at roadside holding areas, only registered anti-skid chain vendors will be allowed to fix chains at designated locations,” the advisory read.

The Meteorological Centre in Srinagar issued a warning stating that the higher reaches of Kupwara, Bandipora, and Ganderbal are likely to receive heavy snowfall. “Travellers are advised to plan accordingly and follow traffic advisories,” it said.

The MeT Centre further stated that Monday would remain generally cloudy with light rain/snow in scattered to fairly widespread areas.

Meanwhile, the MeT Centre at Leh reported that light to moderate snowfall is expected at many places in Kargil, Zanskar, and over the higher reaches of Leh district. The centre also forecasted disruptions in traffic over major passes, particularly Zojila.


IAF MI-17 helicopter transports Pench tigress from MP’s Sukatra airstrip to Rajasthan

Authorities at Pench Tiger Reserve utilised modern AI-based camera traps and motion sensor cameras to identify and monitor the tigress’s movements

A tigress that had been eluding the authorities of Pench Reserve in Madhya Pradesh’s Seoni for the last 24 days was captured and successfully airlifted to Rajasthan for relocation in an Indian Air Force MI-17 helicopter on Sunday, officials said.

After being surrounded by elephants several times from morning to afternoon, the tigress was tranquilized and brought to Sukatra airstrip here in a rescue vehicle, an official said.

The Indian Air Force MI-17 helicopter airlifted the tigress, along with the cage, to Rajasthan’s Vishdhari Tiger Reserve around 6 pm, he said.

Pench Tiger Reserve wildlife veterinarian Dr Akhilesh Mishra, assistant director Gurleen Kaur, Rukhad ranger Lokesh Pawar, WCT wildlife veterinarian Dr Prashant Deshmukh, forest officials from Rajasthan and team of experts were on board the helicopter to ensure the three-year-old tigress’ safe journey, the official said.

“Pench tigress PN-224 was captured from the wild and airlifted from Sukatra airstrip to Rajasthan. This relocation will not only increase the tiger population in Ramgarh Vishdhari Tiger Reserve but will also help strengthen genetic diversity among different tiger landscapes. This operation is an excellent example of scientific wildlife management and technical prowess,” Pench Tiger Reserve deputy director Rajneesh Singh said.

“India has achieved another major success in wildlife conservation and inter-state coordination. The most significant aspect of this entire operation was the safe transport of the tigress to her new home via an Indian Air Force MI-17 helicopter. This relocation operation was conducted systematically and scientifically for the past month,” Singh informed.

The authorities at Pench Tiger Reserve utilised modern AI-based camera traps and motion sensor cameras to identify and monitor the tigress’s movements, with approximately 50 cameras being set up in the area to accurately monitor the big cat’s health and behaviour, the official said.

The successful operation was facilitated by the unique coordination between the Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan Forest Departments, with Rajasthan’s Chief Conservator of Forests, Suganaram Jat, and veterinarian Dr Tejinder camping in Pench for the past eight days.

The entire process was completed under the guidance of Pench Tiger Reserve field director Devprasad J and deputy director Rajneesh Kumar Singh, officials said.

The complex process of tranquilizing the tigress was carried out under the leadership of Dr Akhilesh Mishra and Dr Prashant Deshmukh (Wildlife Conservation Trust), with the assistance of experts from Jabalpur Veterinary College and field biologists, they said, adding that assistant director Gurleen Kaur led the mission during the transfer.

The contribution of field staff from the Kurai and Rukhad ranges of Pench was crucial to the success of this mission as they patrolled daily from 6am to 6pm to monitor the tigress’ movement, they said.


‘We felt it’: Pakistan’s Asim Munir says country received ‘divine help’ during Operation Sindoor

Pakistan’s Chief of Defence Forces, Field Marshal Asim Munir, has claimed that the country received “divine help” during the four-day military confrontation with India in May, calling the unseen support something that Pakistan forces “felt”.

Speaking at the National Ulema Conference in Islamabad, Munir cited verses from the Quran as he described the conflict that followed India’s Operation Sindoor, launched on May 7 in retaliation to the Pahalgam terror attack that killed 26 civilians.

“We felt it,” he said, referring to what he described as “divine intervention” during the hostilities that erupted after Indian strikes on terror targets inside Pakistan and Pakistan-occupied Kashmir.

The May clashes between India and Pakistan marked one of the sharpest escalations between the neighbours in years, with both sides engaging in intense clashes before an understanding was reached to stop the military actions on May


HEAD LINES 21 DEC 2025

22 Hindu Raja attacked 20 yrs old Guru Gobind Singh

BATTLE OF SARSA :Separation of Guru Gobind Singh Ji’s family at the Sarsa River (Sirsa)

Rohtang Pass defies winter, to remain open for 4X4 vehicles till December 28

Lt Col posted in Department of Defence Production arrested in bribery case

INS Sindhughosh decommissioned after 40 years of glorious service: Navy

Veterans move NHRC over faulty SPARSH migration

Ex-Agniveer quota raised for BSF constable posts from 10% to 50%


BATTLE OF SARSA :Separation of Guru Gobind Singh Ji’s family at the Sarsa River (Sirsa)

The Battle of Sarsa River – On the night of December 20th, 1704: 7th Poh, 1761, Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji, his family, and the Sikhs left Anandpur Qila. By the morning of December 21st, they reached the Sirsa River, where Guru Ji emphasized the importance of Amritvela Nitnem (morning prayers). While crossing the river, they were ambushed by the Mughal army, resulting in intense fighting and heavy casualties. Guru Ji’s family was separated during the crossing, with each group heading in different directions. After reaching the far bank, Guru Ji was left with his two elder sons, 42 Sikhs, and the Panj Piaare. They continued toward Ropar and sought refuge in a haveli, where they faced the Mughal army in the Battle of Chamkaur.

The separation of Guru Gobind Singh Ji‘s family at the Sarsa River (Sirsa) in December 1704 was a tragic event during the siege of Anandpur, where a fierce Mughal ambush during a stormy night forced the Guru’s party to scatter, resulting in the loss of many Sikhs and valuable manuscripts, and forever separating his family, with his mother Mata Gujari 

The Sarsa River, usually dry, had turned into a powerful, raging current due to heavy rains in the hills, making it impossible to cross. The first group of Sikhs waited on the riverbank for Guru Gobind Singh to arrive. The Guru set out with his two elder sons and about 400 Sikhs. Before he could reach the river, his group was attacked by a large Mughal force under Wazir Khan. While the Guru and his men were engaged in battle, another Mughal unit launched an assault on the Sikhs waiting by the riverbank.[4][5]

Amidst the rain, cold, darkness, and fierce fighting, confusion spread among the Sikhs. Many were killed, including Udai Singh and his warriors. Some courageous Sikhs attempted to cross the dangerous river on horseback, carrying the Guru’s family with them. Though they reached the other side safely, they lost all their belongings, including important manuscripts, to the floodwaters. After crossing the river, the Guru’s family was separated. His mother, Mata Gujri, along with his two younger sons, Baba Zorawar Singh and Fateh Singh, were unable to travel far. They were taken in by Gangu, a former servant of the Guru’s household, who led them to his village, Saheri. Meanwhile, Mata Sundari and Mata Sahib Devi disguised themselves as village women and moved toward Ambala for safety. Gobind Singh and his men also suffered heavy losses. Despite fighting bravely, most of his warriors were either killed in battle or drowned while trying to cross the river. By the time he reached the other side, only 43 Sikhs remained with him, including his two elder sons, Ajit Singh and Jujhar Singh, the “Five Beloved Ones” (Panj Pyare), and other warriors. As they continued their journey, they received alarming news—nearly a thousand Mughal soldiers were marching toward them from Sirhind, while another force was crossing the Sarsa River.[4][5][6]


Rohtang Pass defies winter, to remain open for 4X4 vehicles till December 28

At a time when most high mountain passes across Himachal Pradesh lie buried under heavy snow, the 13,058-foot-high Rohtang Pass has emerged as a rare winter exception this year, remaining open for vehicular movement even in December. According to an order issued by Kullu Deputy Commissioner Torul S Raveesh, permission for 4×4 vehicles to travel towards Rohtang has now been extended until December 28. The development has delighted tourists and stakeholders alike, highlighting how favourable weather and careful regulation have extended the tourism season in the Manali region.

Officially opened to tourist vehicles on May 17, Rohtang Pass recorded steady footfall through the summer and autumn. Yet an early spell of snowfall in Himachal’s high-altitude areas prompted authorities to shut the pass on October 8 as a precaution. Following a review of road and weather conditions, it was later reopened, allowing limited, regulated traffic once again.

Based on recommendations from Manali Sub-Divisional Officer Raman Sharma, vehicles may ply between Gulaba and Rohtang from 9.30 am to 12 noon, with mandatory return from the Marhi check post before 3 pm. The district administration has emphasised that the extension remains subject to existing terms and conditions, urging drivers and agencies to strictly follow the timings and safety norms.

This situation stands in sharp contrast to last year, when vehicular movement beyond the Gulaba barrier was halted on December 1 due to severe road icing from sub-zero temperatures. Reports from previous winters suggest such early closures were routine, making this year’s extended access particularly remarkable.

Tourists in Manali are seizing the opportunity. “We never imagined we would reach so close to Rohtang in December,” said Rohan Mehta from Delhi. “The snow activities, pristine views, and thrill of driving through icy stretches made it unforgettable.” Similarly, Ananya Sharma from Jaipur described the visit as pure adventure, noting that snow biking and sledging near Marhi were highlights of her trip. “It feels like a winter carnival,” she said.

Local tourism operators report that the extended opening has provided a significant boost to winter business, benefiting hotels, taxi services, and adventure activity providers. Authorities, however, caution that mountain weather can change rapidly, and adverse conditions may lead to immediate restrictions.

For now, Rohtang Pass remaining accessible deep into December has become a rare winter delight—offering tourists a taste of high-altitude snow adventures while underscoring the importance of regulated, responsible tourism in the fragile Himalayan terrain.


Lt Col posted in Department of Defence Production arrested in bribery case

The CBI on Saturday arrested Lt Col Deepak Kumar Sharma, posted in Department of Defence Production under the Defence Ministry, for alleged taking Rs 3 lakh in bribe from a Bengaluru-based company, officials said.

During searches at the premises of Sharma, CBI seized Rs 2.23 crore cash, they said. CBI had registered the case against Sharma, Deputy Planning Officer, International Cooperation and Exports, Department of Defence Productions and his wife, Col Kajal Bali, CO, 16 Infantry Division Ordnance Unit (DOU), Sri Ganganagar, Rajasthan.

It was alleged that Sharma “habitually indulges in corrupt and illegal activities” in criminal conspiracy with representatives of various private companies dealing in defence products manufacturing, export, etc, the CBI spokesperson said in a statement.

Sharma obtained bribes from companies in exchange for providing undue favours to them, the agency alleged.

CBI received inputs about a possible bribe payment from a Bengaluru-based company. Rajiv Yadav and Ravjit Singh were looking after its affairs, they said.

“They (Singh and Yadav) have been in regular contact with Lt Col Deepak Kumar Sharma and are, in connivance with him, pursuing various undue favours by illegal means for their company from various government departments and ministries. One Vinod Kumar delivered a bribe of Rs 3 lakh, on the behest of the said company, to Lt Col Deepak Kumar Sharma on 18.12.2025,” CBI spokesperson said in a statement.

Vinod Kumar was also arrested in the case, it said.

During searches at the premises of the Sharma, CBI seized Rs 2.23 crore cash and Rs 3 lakh bribe money from the Delhi residence, while Rs 10 lakh was seized from his wife’s residence in Sri Ganganagar, the statement said.

Both the arrested accused — Sharma and Vinod Kumar — were produced before a Special Court here, which sent them to CBI custody till December 23.


INS Sindhughosh decommissioned after 40 years of glorious service: Navy

INS Sindhughosh, the lead submarine of her class with the Indian Navy, has been decommissioned after 40 years of glorious service to the nation, the Western Naval Command said on Saturday.

The decommissioning ceremony was held at the Naval Dockyard, Mumbai, in the presence of WNC’s Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief (FOCINC) Vice Admiral Krishna Swaminathan.

“INS Sindhughosh, the lead submarine of her class in service with the Indian Navy, was decommissioned at sunset on 19 Dec 25, after 40 years of glorious service to the nation, at Naval Dockyard, Mumbai, in the presence of VAdm Krishna Swaminathan, FOCINC WNC,” WNC posted on X.

The submarine was paid off under the command of Lt Cdr Rajat Sharma. Capt KR Ajrekar (retd), the second Commanding Officer of the submarine, was the guest of honour, it said.

The Western Naval Command also shared some photos of the ceremony.

“Adm VS Shekhawat (retd), former CNS, Flag Officers, former Commanding Officers, members of the commissioning crew, veterans, senior officers and distinguished guests were present for the occasion,” it said.